Many people have given thanks to GOD for the salvation of those who survived the incident last year. I too have given thanks to GOD for those who survived. However, confusion is still surrounding why Adam Lanza targeted an Elementary School. There could be no greater heart shed tears other than to truly ask oneself why does anything like this ever happen and to figure how to prevent it from ever happening again. Asking the hard questions are easy once the event has happened, but how do we ask ourselves the even harder questions as to when or what school is next? What discriminatory actions would someone hold society responsible for their failings or even when will the repressed memory of some misunderstood individual, who fails to seek help through normal channel, become the next Adam Lanza? For all the disbelief and dismay, we actually know pretty well that most such events are committed by individuals with a particular set of characteristics. But not all mass homicide perpetrators target schools even though schools do seem to be an unusually common target. People wonder why angry men (and an occasional woman) so often target innocent children who have done them no wrong. In the case of Sandy Hook, although early reports suggested that Lanza’s mother, Nancy Lanza, may have worked there, the school superintendent has since clarified that she was not a teacher or a substitute.
- Sandy Hook Police Report Contains No Evidence that Mass Shooting Took Place and Strengthens Notion that Event was a Fabricated Hoax (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Christmas Message From Sandy Hook (mormonsoprano.com)
- First Anniversary of Newtown, Connecticut Shootings (voanews.com)
- Sandy Hook Families Seek Privacy On Anniversary of Shooting (nation.time.com)
- “It Was Supposed to Be A Day….” – A Remembrance on the One Year Anniversary of the Sandy Hook Shootings (hopefularmadillo.wordpress.com)
- Video: Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: “Evil did not win” (fox2now.com)